RACKLOCK - House & Home
We were commissioned by Racklock in South Africa to shoot a longterm timelapse showing how they install racks and shelves in a large warehouse for Furniture Distribution Centre. For this project they wanted to use two cameras to show the progress from various angles.
We had one camera in a static position and a second camera was put up in different locations to cover the action from more than one angle. This allowed us to show you exactly how these racks are installed!. Project duration: 5 November 2013 to 3 February 2014
Some interesting facts on the project:
- In excess of 700 tons of raw steel used to manufacture
- Manufacturing lead time: 3 weeks for first delivery, completed in 6 weeks.
- Installation time: 45 working days
- 40,274.40 meters of Uprights
- 41,240.20 meters of Bracing
- 46,278.40 meters of Beams
- 10,032 Top Hats
- 129,730 Nuts & Bolts