UNILEVER - Project Waterfall - Phase TWO the "Packing Hall"
Installation of a chemical packing hall
Unilever and Project Waterfall, Johannesburg, South Africa
After capturing the installation of a new chemical processing plant http://timelapsesa.co.za/work/commissioned-films/unilever-processing-plant in September 2014 , TimeLapse SA also had to cover the second phase namely the Packing Hall. The total duration of installation took about 4 months and was completed in March 2015
This time around we had 4 static cameras to capture the installation process. Although the larger items were put into place pretty quickly, the technicians had the toughest job connecting all the pipes, cables, wires and everything else and to oversee that everything is in good working order when it comes to final action. Filling up bottles with chemicals (mostly household cleaning detergents) is easier said than done!
Here are some interesting statistics from the Packing Hall:
- Modular repeatable design
- 5 Bottles & 5 Pouch lines
- Quick change and tool less change over
- State of the art & High Speed bottles lines up to 300 bottles per minute
- State of the art & High Speed pouch lines up to 120 pouches per minute
- State of the art & High Speed palletizing - up to 180 pallets per hour!
- 95% Reduction of compressed air on new bottle unscramblers
Executive Producer: Unilever
Produced by: TimeLapse SA
Directed by: Joe Louw / Jonelle Louw
DP: Joe Louw
Offline editing & grading: Jonelle Louw
Online editing & Graphics: Nanette Grebe - Handmade Media