GROWTHPOINT & ZENPROP
We are working on a very exciting longterm timelapse project in the heart of Sandton, Johannesburg. This is a joint construction development by Growthpoint & Zenprop and this premier rental property is said to be one of the most iconic buildings in Sandton.
By using advanced longterm timelapse systems the progress is captured by 3 cameras from different angles focusing on different parts of the site. This is a 4 year property development program and we have put together a short teaser as a sample to show you what is to come over the next few years.
This project started in early 2014 and is estimated to be completed in 2018.
Here is an updated video showing where the project is currently at (end of 2016).
Some interesting stats on the development thus far:
- Demolitions started in February 2014
- 100,000 m3 of excavated soil and rock = 12,000 swimming pools = 100,000 truck trips
- Excavation depth 36m, which holds 200,000m2 of parking = 20 rugby fields
- 12,700 ton of reinforcing steel = 22 A380 Airbuses
- 20,000 concrete truck deliveries
- 7 tower cranes on site
- 2 Safety awards
- Currently 2500 people on site
Produced by: TimeLapse SA
Directed by: Joe Louw / Jonelle Louw
DP: Joe Louw
Offline editing: Jonelle Louw
Online editing & Graphics: Nanette Dreyer - Handmade Media