Palian - DSV Warehouse
It was such a blast capturing this indoor short-term timelapse project for Palian, one of the biggest names in racking and shelving production and installation in South Africa. Starting in November 2020, our cameras were shooting throughout the construction till completion in March 2021.
It is quite a feat, seeing hundreds of metres of empty space transformed to shelving space in a couple of months. With crews working around the clock this was truly a mammoth task to accomplish by Palian.
With a total of 4 cameras shooting non-stop, including additional real-time video footage, we were able to capture this impressive site to the last detail.
Boasting the most automated manufacturing plant and producing over 5 different patented products, Palian (PTY) Ltd works to the highest independent international standards which remain unmatched and annually verified by Independent PR Engineering Companies.
What a pleasure to continue to capture yet another installation, especially this new flagship facility for DSV headquarters in Gauteng.
Some interesting stats on the development:
- Racking and shelving by Palian for DSV Global Transport and logistics, Plumbago facility
- Start date: 18 November 2020
- End date: 9 April 2021
- Duration: 95 Days of installation
- Description of the building: Over one hundred thousand sqm meters under roof.
- Total Pallet stored: over 78,000 pallet stored
- Over 180 km beam section
- Over 144 km upright section
- Over 90 km of bracing channel
- 1,890 plus tons raw material
- Over 500,000 in fixings
- In excess off 1,200 Cubic meters of Timber deck material
Produced by: TimeLapse SA / The Construction Timelapse Company
Directed by: Joe Louw / Jonelle Louw
DP: Joe Louw / Danie van der Westhuizen
Offline editing & grading: Jonelle Louw / Jennifer Pillinger
Online editing & Graphics: Danie van der Westhuizen - Westhouse Film Company